Thursday, May 10, 2012

Settling In

So, we've been home for a couple of days now. And I must say, even though the wedding and honeymoon was a blast, it's a true blessing to be home. We're catching up on what seems to be mountains of laundry, getting Steve moved in, and arranging things for me to head back to work tomorrow night. Which, on a side note, I'm actually a little excited about. I've missed my H3 girls and patients! They've become like a second family to me.

So most of you who know me, know that I have very little experience with domestic things like cooking and such. So it may come as a surprise to you all that I'm actually rather enjoying it. Maybe it's because we're still so newly wed, but if you've been married a while, don't burst my bubble. I rather like this feeling! :)

Now don't get me wrong, I've cooked before. I've even cooked for Steve before. But it's usually fairly simple stuff that you don't even really need a recipe for-spaghetti, mac n cheese, burgers. Stuff like that. Well today, I found an amazing recipe. And it turned out great! See?!

 Maybe the most amazing thing is that I even tweaked the recipe a bit. It was originally just a chicken dish, but I changed things up a bit and made it into a pasta dish. And I got Steve to eat veggies! It had artichokes and tomatoes and asparagus in it. So yummy. And we have tons of leftovers, which is great considering I am heading back to work. :)

I guess I'm done for now. Just wanted to pop in and brag on myself a little!

1 comment: